God’s been so good to us!
We sat down today to begin an old Thanksgiving tradition that David’s family used to do when he was a kid. We talked about the founding of America and how God’s providence and hand was on that entire process, and then we talked and prayed about the things that we are thankful for this year. We even made a list chronicling the things that God has done in our lives over that time.
A lot has happened this year since last Thanksgiving. We’ve been able to see so many old friends, meet so many new ones, and we’ve been blessed so much.
We wanted you guys to know that you’re on that “Thankfulness List.” Thank you all for being a part of our lives, even though we’re overseas – for praying for us, supporting us, and for sending us encouraging messages or e-mails. Thank you for the hospitality you showed us while we were in America this spring – we’re still thanking God for that time.
To name a few things on that list:
- God gave us time to spend with David’s family in Minnesota, Texas, and Florida
- God gave us time to spend with our friends in Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, Ohio, Florida, South Carolina, and North Carolina
- God brought Ukraine through a very painful revolution and is using the current war to turn hearts to Himself
- God brought us back to Ukraine
- God brought us back to L’viv
- God gave David the opportunity to preach at our church a couple of times this year
- God gave Katya a job teaching English at a local preschool
- God brought us through a very tumultuous time of being unsure where to go next while being in America
- God blessed us with many great friends and deeper relationships with old ones, both in America and in Ukraine
- God gave us new ministry opportunities in our church here in L’viv
- God started a new “Biblical Counselling Training” ministry in our church that Katya is leading
One of the things that is so beautiful about this list is that many of these things were things we worried about in the moment, but God eventually took care of them! God has shown Himself so faithful to us over the past year in so many ways. Remembering His goodness in the past is really encouraging us to trust Him more now.
Yeah, the food at Thanksgiving is great, but what traditions do you guys have aside from that? (There’s a space for comments below.) What has God obviously done that you are thankful for this year?